- Checks that the bimetallic disc is free to move and is not ‘trapped’ or ‘pinched’ by the cap of the thermostat.
- The thermostat is placed on the ‘sound plate’ in the middle of the unit.
- The operator brings a probe to the cap of the thermostat and presses the ‘test’ button on the probe.
- The probe causes the disc in the thermostat to vibrate and the vibration is picked up by the soundplate, amplified and can be heard via the internal speaker or using the headphones.
- Requires only 220Vac power
- More than 100 units sold woldwide.